I would love to own a coffee shop because then I could play music that I like all day and set a certain mood. I love sharing music I love with people, even when it doesn’t seem like they are as into that music as I am.
Here are just a few tunes that I have been listening to recently that I would play at a coffee shop:
- Home is Where the Hatred Is by Gil Scott-Herron
- Helicopter by Deerhunter
- Tonight by the Avalanches
- Diamonds are Forever by Shirley Bassey
- Walk on By by Dionne Warwick
- Good Time Charlie’s Got the Blues by Elvis Pressley
- A Day in the Life by the Beatles
- And I Love Her by Bobby Womack
Most of these songs are down tempo, which might not appeal to all patrons, but too bad, right? It’s my coffee shop. I would also like to create a movie soundtrack with some of these tracks, and other tracks, but the coffee shop may be more realistic, at least at this point.