Writer, Editor, Content Strategist
I am a freelance writer, editor, and communications and content strategist based in Brooklyn, New York, with nearly 10 years of experience in healthcare, academia, and journalism.
WRITING & CONTENT Strategy GROUNDED IN THE FUNDAMENTALS
In a complex media and marketing environment, a good writer/editor and content strategist helps you succeed at communicating consistently, using the right platform for the right purpose, while sticking to writing fundamentals. I get content strategy because I have written for and worked on just about every platform: organization web sites, press releases, reports, blogs, social media, email, and ad copy. Whether a small group with limited resources or a large company with an ambitious content plan, I can work with you.
I can do the following:
- Write and edit (features, op-eds, press releases, organization web sites, reports, e-mail, etc.)
- Develop a sustainable content strategy
- Teach writing and communications skills
I am a part time digital writer/editor for NYU Langone's amazing website redesign. Previously, I have worked at NYU Langone Health and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health and was a reporter covering law and education. I have also worked as a copywriter for a financial website and a life sciences recruitment firm.
Click on these links to learn more about me:
professional resume: here or LinkedIn
- comedy: "Hot Topics," a comedy news show I hosted with my friend Keith in 2013 on Manhattan Neighborhood Network, the public access network of that NYC borough
- social media: Instagram or Twitter
- a surreal shoutout from then-Senator Barack Obama at my 2006 college commencement
To discuss your project and learn more about my services and rates, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.