I am a freelance writer, editor, and communications and content strategist with nearly 10 years of experience. I have worked in healthcare, academia, and journalism, communicating about subjects including health, law, education, and finance. What I can do for you:
- Write and edit for web or print (journalistic features, op-eds, press releases, organization web sites, e-mail, etc.)
- Teach writing and editing skills, particularly for academics, other experts
- Work with you to develop and manage an organizational strategy for writing, editing, and publishing content
Most importantly, I will help you articulate what you genuinely believe and state it simply and eloquently. We will work to help you focus on reaching your audience without getting bogged down in the process.
Learn more about me (and save yourself some Googling)
I most recently worked in communications at NYU Langone Health and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. Before that, I was a reporter covering law and education. I have also worked as a freelance copywriter for a financial website and a life sciences recruitment firm. My variety of roles, projects, and subject matter familiarity mean I will bring a holistic approach to your project or work, combining creativity (fun!) and knowledge of best practices (boring, but weirdly fun!).
- professional background LinkedIn, clips
- other writing travel, miscellany, sporadically-maintained blog Facts from Dad
- social media Instagram, Twitter
- my 2006 college commencement speaker Barack Obama gave me a thoroughly surreal shoutout